The National Trade Register Office (NTRO) is a public institution with legal personality, subordinated to the Ministry of Justice, entirely financed from the state budget, whose activity is regulated by the Law no. 26/1990 on trade register, as republished and subsequently amended and supplemented.
The National Trade Register Office carries out the following activities:
* keeping the trade register;
* providing documents and information;
* archiving documents based on which the registrations in the trade register are made;
* assisting legal and natural persons subject to registration in the trade register;
* editing and publishing the Insolvency Proceedings Bulletin.