has turned 4! A load of research goes into - find out how you can contribute.


Department of Social Developments (GH-DSW)


All NGOs wishing to operate in Ghana must first register with the General Registrar's Office, and then apply for NGO status from the Department of Social Welfare (DSW). NGOs are then issued with a certificate that contains their registration number.

There is no database available for search.

"The Social Welfare Department is the regulator of NGOs in Ghana and is therefore mandated to issue certificates of recognition to organizations to operate as NGOs. " [1]


  • Coverage: GH

Find and use identifiers

Visit the website.

You can suggest an edit to our information about this list by posting an issue or submitting a pull request.

The contributors handbook details how to propose changes to an existing list, and how you can request or propose a new list.