has turned 4! A load of research goes into - find out how you can contribute.


HM Revenue and Customs (GB-REV)


Some UK charitable organisations are exempt or excepted from registering with the Charity Commission. This may be due to the nature of the organisation, it's historical status, or income threshold.

However, these organisations can register for tax purposes with HM Revenue and Customs, and receive a registration number.

This may be reported prefixed with XC (for eXempt Charity).

  • Coverage: GB

Find and use identifiers

HMRC do not publish a list of these numbers.

You can suggest an edit to our information about this list by posting an issue or submitting a pull request.

The contributors handbook details how to propose changes to an existing list, and how you can request or propose a new list.